While access to the Roundhouse and turntable are not permitted, here are a selection of photographs of the turntable and engine sheds as they appear today, in 2016. All photos taken with kind permission of the current site owners.
Aerial shot of the Roundhouse and turntable (Courtesy Dronescape)
St Blazey Roundhouse during the Victorian Era
Roundhouse Building just before completion. Notice the large boiler-house chimney has not yet been built, the roof is still to be completed on the semi-roundhouse sheds and there are stacks of building materials. The original Treffry Tramway appears in the foreground. The Late John Truscott Collection.
Possibly taken during the final completion of the roundhouse building, workmen appear on the roof and scaffold around the original water tower. A locomotive can be seen inside the second shed road from left. Late John Truscott Collection.
St Blazey Yard taken from Middleway Crossing footbridge. The Roundhouse and Wagon Shop appear in the background with St Blazey Station closer to the camera. The station platforms still exist within the yard at St Blazey. The Late John Truscott Collection.
The Wagon Shop when brand new. This building now forms the DB Cargo workshops, although the section nearest the camera has been demolished. The Late John Truscott Collection
Pre 1907 shot of west side of Roundhouse Building. Note the later large GWR water tower with curved top which replaced the original. This structure formed part of the coal stage. The Late John Truscott Collection.
Showing West side of Roundhouse Building. Note the small chimneys from black smith forges and the larger chimney from the boiler-house. The very tall chimney just right-of-centre is Par Stack, demolished in 1907. The Late John Truscott Collection